Theofilopoulos Ioannis was born in 1964, in Kalamata. He studied at the Gymnasium and Lyceum of the Varvakeios Model School and in 1982 he was admitted to the Polytechnic School of the University of Patras, from where he successfully completed his studies and received the Diploma of Chemical Engineering. In English, he holds the First Certificate in English (University of Cambridge) while, he is a connoisseur of Computer Systems and candidate of Master’s degree from Hellenic Open University, in waste management. In 1988 he received the professional license to practice, in 2003 he obtained the degree of conducting assessments for Environmental and Chemotechnical and in 2005 he received the ADR Certificate of Professional Training for the Transport of Dangerous Goods. In 2013 he was enrolled in the permanent register of Energy Inspectors.
From 1991 to 2002 he worked as a manager at the Oil Company KMOIL S.A. Since 2003 he operates a Technical Office in Kalamata and operates as a freelancer, carrying out environmental studies, solid waste management studies, studies and installation of wastewater disposal and biological treatment, installation studies of industrial units, etc.
Scientific Associations – Associations/Bodies – Social Action
- Member of the Technical Chamber of Greece, since 1988
- Elected member of the Delegation’s Regional Department of Peloponnese at the Technical Chamber of Greece, from 2010 until today
- Member of Association of Engineers – University Graduates, of Messinia
- Member of the Panhellenic Association of Diploma Chemical Engineers
- Member of the Hellenic Solid Waste Management Society
- Member of the Panhellenic Association of Consultants for the Safe Transport of Dangerous Goods
- Municipal Councilor of Kalamata during the years 2014-2019
- Member of the Messinia’s Prefectural Committee of the political party, SY.RI.ZA.
Literature, music, cinema, theatre, fine arts, travel, basketball
He is married and has one child.